Thursday, July 16, 2009

Current Loves: Janelle Monae's "Many Moons" Official Short Film



Thanks to a imabrazenhussy, I came across this fabulous "Many Moons" video by Janelle Monae. My ignorance of pop culture has kept me from her music, and my jury is still out on her as a musician. BUT the art & style direction of this video is top notch. Whoever crafted this fine little jewel are mastsers of the craft. I love the crazy retro hairdos the singer is stylin' (reminiscent of Little Richard, IMHO, see below) and the weird plasticky look the androids have, complete with consumerist price tags popping up during the auction. The video is rife with modern cuts of retro fashions, and Monae cops a perfectly kooky Lucille Ball wide-eyed look aimed directly at the viewer. It's fun to watch; check it out for yourself!



Little Richard & James Brown. Payin' some tribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment